API Nitra-Zorb is a convenient pouch of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins that selectively remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate from freshwater aquariums.
Nitra-Zorb™ also helps during start up by reducing unhealthy ammonia surges while establishing the aquarium's ecosystem. Ammonia can be devastating to a healthy fish stock, causing illness and death.
Nitra-Zorb™ is completely phosphate-free, so won't cause an algae problem and it can be reused after recharging. See below for details on how to recharge.
- Removes toxic ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- Reduces fish loss during start-up and cycling.
- Rechargeable - may be reused.
- Made of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins.
- Completely phosphate-free.
- Size 6: treats up to 210 litres (55 Gal).
- Rinse pouch under water
- Pop the pouch in the filter, ensuring it's in the water flow
- Dissolve 4 teaspoons of API Aquarium Salt in 240ml of warm tap water
- Soak API Aqua Detox pouch in this solution for 2 hours
- Rinse in tap water
- Store the pouch in this solution when not in use.
For a new aquarium or when nitrite has been detected - recharge every 5 days for 4 weeks, then every 2 weeks for the next month.
For an established aquarium- recharge every 2 weeks
When nitrite has been detected- recharge every 5 days until nitrite is reduced to 20ppm (mg/l)