Red Sea Reef Energy B (Aminovit), Amino acids and vitamins, available from Swell UK.
Reef Energy B is a highly concentrated complex of Vitamins & Amino acids that were found to be the limiting factors in the nutritional demands of corals and other invertebrates. This complex replenishes the exact vitamins and MAA (marine amino acids) produced by Zooxanthellae. Vitamins are important precursors in the synthesis of chromo proteins while the amino acids are their building blocks. All of the components of Reef Energy B come from marine sources and are emulsified in a unique medium that enhances their solubility and absorption of the vitamins and acids by the corals.
Most of the corals in reef aquariums are considered to be photosynthetic as they receive the majority of their energy requirements from their photosynthetic, symbiotic Zooxanthellae algae. In nature these corals derive approx 85% of their energy from the Zooxanthellae and produce the remaining 15% in their soft tissue by metabolizing nutrients that are available in the surrounding water.
It is therefore essential to provide a balanced mix of the carbohydrates, vitamins, amino & fatty acids to meet the corals energy demands. The amount of coral nutrients required will be dependent on the type of corals stocked. The nutritional requirements of SPS corals in particular are also dependent on the levels of algae nutrients (nitrate & phosphate) in the water. In reduced algae nutrient systems e.g. when using Red Sea’s NO3:PO4-X, the amount of energy the corals receive from the Zooxanthellae is significantly reduced and therefore higher levels of coral nutrients must be provided to meet the corals energy demands.Due to undesirable interactions between the various components necessary to meet the complete nutritional requirements of the corals, Red Sea’s Reef Energy nutrition program is divided into 2 complimentary products.
For dosing information please refer to the picture chart at the top of the page.
For Further Information Please Refer To The RedSea Brochure Below.