Bondaglass Glass-Fibre Repair Kit is a multi-purpose set that is perfect for fibre glass ponds. It can be sued with a variety of materials including GRP, wood, metal, concrete and brick. It will also bond some plastics but it will not work with PVC, polystyrene or rubber.
The Glass-Fibre Repair Kit can be used to permanently repair holes, cracks, and splits in fibre glass ponds.
Glass Fibre is white in the pack but when the resin impregnates the glass it becomes clear, making it easier to stipple into place. When applying several layers ensure that all the air is driven out of the laminate by stippling vigorously. It is preferable to apply the resin and glass fibre 'wet on wet' although it will bond perfectly to a cured laminate. It is always best to work with small pieces until experienced.
- Catalyst and Measure
- 250 grammes Bonda Resin
- Mixing Cup
- 36" x 12" Glass Fibre Mat
- Sand Paper
- Full instructions
Instructions for use:
- Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free of grease and oil. If necessary sand with a medium grade sandpaper.
- Ensure the ambient temperature is above 10C (50F).
- Prepare all materials required for the job.
- Apply a coat of catalysed resin to the desired area.
- Apply a layer of glass fibre to the desired area.
- Stipple on more resin, painting the desired area to saturation.
- Apply additional layers as required.
- When hardened, if a smooth surface is required apply a coat of Bondafiller, which can be flattened as required.