JBL pH Plus is ideal to raise the pH level of your aquarium, whether it is fresh or salt water. It can also be used in ponds and for aquariums containing exotic fish such as Cichlids.
The pH-level indicates the acidity of the water. The higher the pH-level, the less acid is in the water, the proportion of alkali is higher (the opposite of acids). The lower the pH-level, the more acid the water contains.
It's important to find out the KH level first, so use one of our handy test kits. Then following the instructions, add 10ml for every 40 litres of water. This will increase the KH by 1⁰ GKH.
In aquariums and ponds the following levels are desirable:
- Community aquariums: pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Ponds: pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Lake Malawi and Tanganyika aquariums: pH: 7.5 - 8.5
- outside screwtop: for 15 litres / 3.3 gallons of aquarium water.
- inside screwtop: for 30 litres / 6.6 gallons of aquarium water.
- A 100ml bottle treats up to 400 litres / 88 gallons of water