The JBL SilicatEX is a special filter material which eliminates silicic acid and phosphates, key causes of algae. Silicates especially are found in mains water, so using a good media to remove it makes life easier for you and keeps a clear fish tank.
it works best if placed within an external filter or sump, this means that it can treat all of the water as it passes through. The media will absorb silicates and phosphate from the water, preventing the formation of algae.
- Silicate (silicic acid, SiO2) causes unattractive diatom algae in the aquarium.
- Removes silicates from mains water
- Works best in an external filter or sump.
- This filter material permanently absorbs silicate and phosphate, preventing the growth of diatom.
- 1 packet (500 g) absorbs 5000 mg/l SiO2 or PO4 and is sufficient for 200-400 litres aquariums
- Can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.