Reef Advantage Strontium restores and maintains strontium levels to those naturally found in sea water. Unlike other formulations, it can be added directly to the tank.
Strontium is an essential supply for corals. Especially for tanks with a dense population of coral formations, as levels will be depleted as corals grow. Similar to calcium, strontium will ensure healthy skeletal growth which makes for strong, beautiful corals.
It also benefits invertebrates that have a calcereous skeleton or shell such as clams.
Reef Advantage Strontium is a highly concentrated (30,000 ppm), ionically balanced strontium supplement.
Size: 600 g
- Use 8 g (approx, 1 level teaspoon) per 150 L twice a week.
- Add directly to aquarium.
- Check strontium level
- Follow addition regimen above until strontium is adjusted to 8-12 mg/L.
- Each 8 g/150 L will raise strontium by about 2 mg/L. Amount or frequency can be adjusted as needed.
- Thereafter, use as required to maintain strontium.
- After determining the strontium depletion rate, set up a continuous drip system.
- Use the following formula to determine how much to add to your top-off water: m=vs/30 (m=grams to add to top off water, v=volume of tank in liters, s=amount to raise strontium in mg/L).
- For example, if you want to raise strontium by 6 mg/L in a 200 liter aquarium, then you would add (200x6)/30=40 g into the top-off water.
DO NOT OVERDOSE:
Excess strontium may enhance the loss of carbonate alkalinity. Do not directly mix with any carbonate supplement. Best if strontium & carbonate additives are added on alternate days or at least 30 minutes apart.