Seachem Reef Kalkwasser (limewater) will maintain essential calcium levels in a reef aquarium.
Essential for optimum coral growth, calcium can easily be depleted from a reef tank so it's vital to keep levels topped up. This product from Seachem also maintains carbonate alkalinity too, to provide balanced water conditions. However, it's important to check evaporation and Co2 levels for the best results.
Check out the rest of the Seachem Reef range, which can be used alongside the Reef Kalkwasser to ensure that your corals grow beautifully.
We have a wide range of test kits so you can monitor the condition of your water regularly. This is important to keep an eye on the amount of toxins or elements that can cause problems.
- Never add this product directly to the tank - add 3 g (1 teaspoon) to 4 L of water and mix to dissolve.
- If using pure water, a fully saturated solution is prepared by adding 6 g (2 teaspoons) to 4 L. Drip this solution into tank.
- Monitor pH and carbonate alkalinity.
- Adjust rate of addition to maintain a stable pH (8.3-8.4).
- Adding 4 L of a saturated kalkwasser solution to 150 L will raise calcium by 24 mg/L.
- Always use the clear supernatant (top solution) only and do not allow undissolved material to enter the aquarium.
- Keep this container tightly closed when not in use and minimize solution/air contact to avoid calcium carbonate formation/precipitation.
- Avoid contact or breathing dust.
- Do not eat or get in eyes. In case of contact, flush area with water for 5-10 minutes. In case of eye contact, wash eyes with water immediately (5-10 minutes) and seek medical attention.