Seachem Renew, available from Swell UK, is ideal for use in systems where phosphate released from all activated carbons poses a problem.
Renew is also less aggressive than carbon, making it well suited for reefs and planted aquaria. It is also beneficial for use in soft water aquaria where the pH-raising property of many carbons is not an asset.
Renew will remove organics and particulates in the sub-micron range; it will also help control ammonia, nitrates, and phosphates.
- Renew should be used in exactly the same manner as activated carbon.
- Use 250 mL for each 120-160 L.
- Use in a filter bag only.
- Although Renew is clean, it is advisable to rinse before use.
- It lasts about the same as carbon (4-6 weeks).
- Shape - Granular, Size 1-1.5 g/cc, Density 0.38-0.42 g/cc.
- Pore Volume (PV) 0.50-0.60 mL/cc, Total Surface Area (TSA) 500-600 m2/cc TSA/PV 830-1200 m2/ml.
- Molasses # 600-700 pH in distilled water <7.2.
- Leachable Phosphate 0 g/cc.
- 500 ml container.