Swell's own brand Blanket Weed formulation is just as good as more expensive alternatives but gives you more for your money. It's easy to dose - just drop the soluble bag in your pond (they resemble little dishwasher tablets). It is non-chemical which means you can't over dose your pond with it and it doesn't affect wildlife.
This formulation contains beneficial pond bacteria which are ideal for use in koi ponds and water garden ponds. This provides a 2-in-1 formulation approach to pond maintenance. The special combination of bacteria in Control Blanketweed help reduce nitrate and phosphate levels, aid the break-down of bottom sludge and odours and help to make the water less murky.
Each water-soluble sachet treats up to 1,000 gallons/4546 litres of pond water. Simply drop a sachet into your pond or pond filter once a week during spring, summer and autumn and allow it to break down. Swell Control Blanketweed is completely harmless, so it is quite safe to add a whole sachet to smaller ponds or use multiple sachets in a larger pond.
- 6 x 28g Sachets treats (27,300 Litres / 6,000 Gallons)
- Each sachet treats 1000 gallons (4546 litres)
- Apply 1 x 28g sachet per 4546 litres /1000 gallons of water
- Apply every 1-2 weeks, or as needed, to keep your water clean and healthy
- Easy to use with no mess
- No measuring required
For best results:
- Use a double-dose the first time you use the product.
- Place the sachet in an area of flowing water, such as in the filter or near a waterfall.
- Ensure that your pond is well filtered and aerated, particularly at night, when oxygen levels drop.
- Use when the temperatures are above 10°C/50°F.
Beneficial bacteria and barley straw. This product is not a medication, pesticide or herbicide and is not intended as a substitute for one.