Velda's Clear Control 50 Pressure Filter is an advanced pond filter, ideal for fish ponds. Suitable for fish free ponds up to 20,000 litres, it can be used with Koi ponds of up to 10,000 or goldfish ponds up to 15,000 litres.
It contains both a UV clarifier and media to fully cleanse the water of algae cells and waste. Each unit comes complete with an 18 watt Ultra Violet lamp and an additional chamber to add another lamp should you wish. This is great if an algae problem occurs or in increased sunlight. Algae cells are clumped together as they pass before the lamp making them much easier to remove.
The water then passes through the various grade filter foams which remove particles of dirt and debris easily from the water. Biological filter media with a huge surface mass promotes the growth of healthy bacteria which breakdown nitrites and other unwanted elements which can cause water problems.
Maintenance and operation is easy thanks to the various modes available on the unit. The handle is used to set the desired mode:
- Back flush: used to wash away the dirt under the grate
- Back wash valve: used to wash away the dirt in the valve
- Pond drain: Used to empty your pond of water, should the need arise
- Filtration: The water will run back into the pond through the filter materials
- Medicine position: The water will run back into the pond around the filter materials
- Stop: The pump can be cleaned, while the water remains in the filter
- Allows easy cleaning without opening the filter
- 6 functions
- Multi position valve
- Possibility to build in 2 UV-C Units 18 Watt - only 1 x 18 watt UVC lamp included
- Zeolite filter cassette
- Max flow through 8000 Lph
- Hose connection: 32mm, 40mm
- 6 Functions
- Dimensions: 43 x 84cm
- Note: Please note that this filter does not come with a hose tail with sludge remover