In aquarium and pond water nitrite (NO2) should not be measurable. Nitrite is created during the degradation by bacteria of protein and ammonium. It is normally processed further into non-toxic nitrate. If nitrate is measurable, it is a sign that the bacterial degradation process has been disturbed. Any concentration from 0.4 mg/l is dangerous or even fatal for fish, because nitrite blocks the transport of oxygen in the blood.
Ensure that there is no toxic nitrite present in your aquarium water with Aquarium Systems SeaTest Nitrite.
- Suitable for freshwater and seawater.
- Ideal value recommended: 0.0mg/l.
- For approximately 100 tests.
- Graduated 7-colour scale (0; 0.05; 0.25; 0.5; 0.75; 1; >1mg/l).
- For a result accurate down to 0.01 mgl, use the Aquarium Systems NO2 test in combination with SeaTest Control.