The T5 LED Tropical Lamp is a new and exciting initiative from Aquarium Systems. The light strip has the added benefit of fitting easily into a standard T5 fluorescent lamp fitting, so no need to buy a new unit or hood.
Using a combination of blue, red and green LEDs, this LED light strip creates a warm light that picks out and highlights the red colours often found in a tropical tank. It also works to show off the other beautiful colours of an exotic aquarium. As the tubes can turn 300 degrees, you can angle the light to your preferred direction, and as they are glass free, there is no danger of smashing or cracking.
The colour temperature is high, this works to illuminate the colours but also to encourage the natural process of photosynthesis, for healthy plant growth. The light casts a ripple effect upon the water, which is often found in the ocean as light plays upon the water.
This Tropical Lamp also offers 5 times more light per kilowatt hour than other light sources, as well as using 1/3 of the electricity of other lamps. It has an A* energy rating which confirms you will save both money and energy.
This lamp will click straight into an existing magnetic T5 ballast, so you can upgrade your lighting without the cost and inconvenience of a new hood.
LED's at a glance:
- Uses 1/3 electricity, producing double the light of equivalent fluorescent.
- Add ripple effect. Even one T5 LED lamp will make a difference.
- Lamp holder rotates to direct light correctly.
- Waterproof when used in conjunction with the IP67 Ultra Seal® lampholders.
- 55cm-8w, 85cm-12w, 115cm-18w
- Ideal for Aquascaping.
- Warm tropical colour.
- Powerful penetrating lamp ideal for plant growth.
- Accentuates reds and blues.