Arcadia Lamp Reflectors direct the light given off by T5 and T8 lamps and focus it towards the aquarium. These lamp reflectors are available in a variety of sizes and benefit from a sturdy aluminium design that can be securely mounted behind the lamps for maximum light reflection.
The Arcadia Lamp Reflectors include an angled design and both the T8 and T5 reflectors come with holding clips to connect the lamp reflectors to the lamps.
When a fluorescent tube is ignited, light is given off evenly in every direction, much of which is directed upwards into the lid of the aquarium. If a reflector is mounted behind the tube, this stray light is not wasted, but redirected back to where it is required - the aquarium, so that the efficiency of the tube is maximised.
Fluorescent lamps are cylindrical in design, this means that light is produced all around the tube and down the length of the lamp. By using the correct reflector, you effectively capture all of the light that is produced from the top and the sides of the lamp. This could be as much as two-thirds of its total output. This light will otherwise be effectively wasted to reflection around the aquarium.
- Reflector can be angled to direct the light into the aquarium or terrarium.
- Maximises the light in your tank.
- Made from a sturdy aluminium design.
- Optimised reflector models for T8 (1") and T5 (5/8") lamps.
- Resistant to salt water corrosion.
- T8 Reflectors include plastic tube holding clips.
- T5 range of reflectors include stainless steel tube holding clips.
- Diameter: T5 - 16mm, T8 - 26mm.