Ammonia is a real problem for fish keepers if levels get too high. It is a by-product of fish waste, uneaten food and other debris and can lead to a rise in nitrites too.
Regular testing with the JBL Ammonium Test Set will alert you to any potential problems. It can be used in both fresh and salt water aquariums, and even in water discoloured by peat.
Signs of ammonia poisoning:
- Purple or red around gills.
- Fish lethargic or possibly lying at the bottom of tank.
- Gasping for air at the top of the tank.
- For fresh and salt water aquariums.
- Measurement range from 0.1 to 5.0 mg/l ammonium.
- All kit included for quick, easy and safe testing.
- 8 colour scale chart to compare results.
- Can carry out up to 50 tests.