JBL NitratEX 250ml
Filter that prevents and removes undesirable algae growth
- Aquarium filter designed to remove nitrates from your fish tank
- Suitable for freshwater aquariums only
- 250 ml (170 g) absorbs 9000 mg nitrates
The JBL NitratEX is a filter material for rapid removal of nitrates.
Although nitrate is non-toxic, it stunts the growth of fish and plants and leads to the excessive growth of algae in aquariums and ponds. Nitrate is only broken down by bacteria under anaerobic (oxygen-free) conditions. These occur, for example, in the floor covering material or in the reef rock of saltwater aquariums.
NitratEx works as a removal media that will absorb nitrates as they pass through. The product can be recharged with aquarium salts after a few uses to kick start the process.
- Only for freshwater aquariums.
- Prevents and removes undesirable algae growth.
- 250 ml (170 g) absorbs 9000 mg nitrates.
- Filter bag included.
- Multiple use through regeneration with sodium chloride.