Nitrates can cause stubborn algae growth and other water problems, regular testing with the JBL Nitrate Test Set No3 will monitor nitrate levels quickly and simply.
A low level of nitrates is fine, however if they rise too high this can create algae which can starve aquatic plants of oxygen and nutrients. A level of nitrates of as low as 10 ppm can encourage algae blooms, so it's important to make sure the levels remain low.
This handy test kit from JBL provides around 50 measurements, so you can be sure that you're always prepared. JBL recommend a level of around 50mg/l of nitrate in a freshwater aquarium.
Use a suitable nitrate remover to remedy the problem, and keep your tank beautifully healthy and algae free.
- Determines optimum nitrate value for ideal plant growth or possible cause of algae in freshwater and marine water.
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate any inherent water colouring: fill glass vials with sample water, add reagents to another vial, place vials in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new freshwater aquarium: once a week. For initial setup with marine water: once a week. In case of green algae problems.
- Online Laboratory: free analysis and recommendations for the water values you have measured.
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Nitrate Test NO3. Contents for approx. 50 tests, incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, dosing spoon, comparator block and colour scale. Refill reagents available separately.