The JBL TestLab Marin is packed with 10 professional tests that cover all manner of parameters in your salt water aquarium. Many are available to purchase individually, for more information simply click the link for each test.
Healthy aquariums with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock, and the algae and corals in the aquarium. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly. With the JBL Testlab Marin you can determine the most important water values in your aquarium.
Precise measurement of the following values:
- pH test: acidity of the water from 7.4 to 9.0
- KH test: pH stability of the water (carbonate hardness)
- Ca test: most important macro-element for the growth of invertebrates
- Mg test: important macro-element for the growth of invertebrates and calciferous red algae
- Cu test: deadly heavy metal for invertebrates. Also important for setting the therapeutic dose of medications
- NO2 test: toxic nitrogen compound
- NO3 test: too high nitrate values cause unwanted algae growth
- NH4 test: indication of non-toxic ammonium, determination of the toxic ammonia using table
- PO4 test: high phosphate values lead to unwanted algae growth
- SiO2 test: cause for diatoms
- O2 test: basic requirement for fish and plants