Red Sea Phosphate Pro Comparator Test Kit
Measure the level of phosphate in your reef aquarium
- Phosphate test kit
- High-resolution colorimetric comparator test
- Contains 100 tests
Red Sea's Phosphate Pro test kit is an advanced colorimetric test with comparator, measuring the level of Phosphate in your reef aquarium to 0.014ppm P-PO4.
This test kit, used in conjunction with Nitrate Pro Test Kit, enables accurate dosing.
Phosphate is an important fertiliser, very low levels are good to stimulate healthy plant growth. Unfortunately too much phosphate can lead to algae growth, so it's important to keep an eye on the levels in your aquarium.
What's in the box?
- A durable plastic housing,
- A durable plastic stand for test vial,
- Glass Test Vials,
- A 10ml syringe,
- High-resolution colorimetric comparator test (colour chart),
- High-resolution measurement of Phosphate testing liquids,
- Contains up to 100 tests for Phosphate testing,
- Full in-depth instruction manual.
Swell UK's Recommendations: Especially in a reef aquarium, the Phosphate level should be checked every week. The concentration should be as low as possible with 0.3 ppm as an absolute maximum for the reef aquarium. Higher concentrations than this value are not in any way toxic for marine or freshwater fish - the danger lies only in the fact that the water gets over fertilised, which results in algae growth and harm to invertebrates. If levels do exceed over 0.3 ppm then it is recommended to do a water change and treat with Red Sea's NO3:PO4-X.