Tropic Marin Carbo-Calcium Powder
A brilliant pH and calcium treatment for marine aquariums
- A highly-concentrated calcium and alkalinity powder
- Ideal for stabilising pH and promoting coral growth
- A range of sizes to stock up on
Tropic Marin® Carbocalcium Powder is highly concentrated calcium and alkalinity for dissolving in reverse osmosis water to get the proven Carbo-Calcium solution. After dissolving, one single solution can cover all the calcium and carbonate hardness requirements of a typical reef aquarium without undesirable additional compounds or excess carbon dioxide being produced. This ensures strong growth of corals, coralline algae and other reef organisms. 100 g (3.5 oz.) of Carbocalcium Powder containing more than 30,000 mg of calcium and more than 4,000 °dH.
This high-yield product is suitable for all tank sizes and prevents the side effects of other methods of calcium hardness: the pH remains stable; there is no excess CO2 and there is no risk of unwanted phosphates being introduced through coral breakage. In addition, there is neither a creeping increase in salinity, nor increased oxygen consumption through carbon compounds. After mixing, the resulting solution is suitable for both manual dosage and for dosing pumps.
• Extremely high yield: 700g Carbocalcium contains 215 g calcium and > 30,000 alkalinity (°dH)
• The pH value remains completely stable
• No phosphates or surplus CO2 are added to the aquarium
• The salinity remains constant (no sodium chloride is created)
• No danger caused by oxygen depletion
• Suitable for all tank sizes
• After mixing, the resulting solution is suitable for both manual dosage and for dosing pumps
How to use:
The 700 g (1.5 lbs.) can of Carbocalcium Powder is sufficient for 5 l/1.3 US-gal. liquid solution, the 1400 g (3 lbs.) can for 10 l/2.6 US-gal. liquid solution.
6 level measuring spoons (approx. 140 g/5 oz.) of Carbocalcium Powder are dissolved in 1 l/0.26 US-gal. reverse osmosis water to create the liquid mineral solution. This solution has a long shelf-life and contains 43,000 mg of calcium and 6,000 °dH.
You can now start with daily doses of 5 ml of the mineral solution for every 100 l/26 US-gal. aquarium system volume. Monitor the alkalinity level as you increase the daily dosage by 2.5 ml for every 100 l/26 US-gal. aquarium system volume every week until you reach a constant alkalinity level of 7 to 9 °dH.