Lilaeopsis brasiliensis from South America can grow very compact, but a "lawn effect'' (4-7 cm tall) is only achieved at high light intensity. When planting in the aquarium small clumps (approx. 1/8 pot) should be placed a few centimetres apart to help the plants grow together more quickly. Place in an open position without shading from other plants to ensure good light. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis can be used in garden ponds, and also tolerates low salt concentrations in brackish aquariums.
- Considered easy to grow
- Undemanding carpeting plant
- Propagates easily with stolons
- Thrives at low light
- Reaches average heights of 3-5cm+
- Medium light demand of 0.5W/L
- Medium CO2 demand of 6-14mg/L