Setting up a floating pond plant kit
A Floating plant kit allows marginal pond plants to be placed in water of any depth and aren’t confined by the need for a marginal planting shelf.
1. Your floating plant kits contains pond soil, water plants, gravel to dress the top and the floating basket itself.
2. Remove the packaging to reveal the soil, gravel and pond plants.
3. Remove the bags from inside the basket.
4.Pour all of the soil into the plant baskets ready for the pond plants.
5. Remove the bare root plants from the packaging. They're wrapped in moss for protection.
6. Remove the moss from the tubers, revealing the bare-rooted marginal plants.
7. Push the water plants into the soil, spacing them out so they have room to grow.
8. Pour the pond gravel onto the aquatic soil.
9. Spread the gravel out and your basket is ready to float on ponds or water features.
Jeremy Gay is an author, lifelong fishkeeper, and exotic pet specialist. He's a former editor of Practical Fishkeeping Magazine, UK editor at Reefbuilders, a former pet store manager, and has collected wildlife in Sri Lanka and the Amazon. He's been on tv and radio, contributed to Koi Carp and Gardeners World magazines, been a product tester, a judge, and a product developer.