Seachem Flourish Nitrogen is a concentrated (15,000 mg/l) blend of nitrogen sources. It provides nitrogen in both the nitrate form and the plant-preferred ammonium form.
However free ammonia is not released, as the ammonium in Flourish Nitrogen is a complex compound and not available until used by aquatic plants.
It does provide nitrate however, so plants that utilize nitrate have a ready supply. Flourish Nitrogen is phosphate free so lessens the risk of heightened phosphorus levels.
For maximum benefit use with Flourish Phosphorus and Flourish Potassium.
To test the nitrogen level, use Seachem's Multi Test : Total Nitrogen, which offers an accurate reading. Or perform a simple nitrate test, and double the result for a precise nitrogen result.
- BEGINNER: Use 2.5 ml (half a cap) for each 160 L twice a week or as needed in response to signs of nitrogen deficiency (e.g. stunted growth, chlorosis). For smaller doses, please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 ml.
- EXPERT: The beginner dose raises nitrogen by the same degree that 1 mg/l nitrate would. This dose is sufficient to provide approximately 4 g of growth (dry) or about 20 g (hydrated) over a 1 month period (assuming all other necessary nutrients are provided).
- For increased growth use proportionately more. To target a specific nitrogen increase, dose according to the following formula: 0.25vn=m, where v= volume of tank in US gallons, n=desired nitrogen increase (if using a "nitrate equivalent" value for "n" then use a factor of 0.05 instead of 0.25 in the formula) and m=volume of product to use in ml. For example to raise 20 US gallons by 0.20 mg/l nitrogen you would use: 0.25 x 20 x 0.20=1 ml.
- Total Nitrogen (N) 1.5% Soluble Potash (K2O) 2%
- Derived from: potassium nitrate, urea (iminium salt)