Seachem Flourish Excel is a source of bioavailable organic carbon that caters for your aquatic plant's natural need for CO2.
Ideally used after a water change, Flourish Excel will provide the right amount of carbon compounds to promote photosynthesis - essential for lush plant growth and to oxygenate the water. It introduces the finished compound bypassing the need for a CO2 system, although the two processes can work together with no ill effects.
The product also has iron reducing properties which encourage the ferrous state of iron (Fe+2), which plants can consume easily. Iron is vital for healthy growth, so levels must be replenished routinely.
- On initial use or after a major (> 40%) water change, use one capful (5 ml) for every 40 litres
- Then use one capful for every 200 litres daily or every other day
- Dosing may be slowly increased in high-growth aquariums
- For smaller dosing please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 ml
- 100ml treats 800 litres / 200 gallons
- 250ml treats 2000 litres / 500 gallons
- 500ml treats 4000 litres / 1000 gallons
- 2 litres treats 16,000 litres / 4000 gallons
- 4 litres treats 32,000 litres / 8000 gallons
Please note that the above dosages are intended as a guide for a first day aquarium and dosages should be adapted thereafter according to the below directions.