The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order.
We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
Until dispatch of goods by the seller of goods to the buyer or the buyer's acceptance in writing of any quotation of the seller (whichever shall first occur) no contract for the sale of goods shall arise.
All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
What are the WEEE regulations?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now U K law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
What is Swell UK Ltd doing?
Swell UK Ltd are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
For example, if a customer bought a new pond pump from us we would accept their old pond pump and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
How to use the 'Take-back' scheme?
If you bought your new item in store;
- Simply bring your like-for-like item into our store at the address below e.g. if you buy a new pond pump from us, you may return your old pond pump to us.
- Hand it over to the counter staff advising that you want to use the 'take-back' service.
- Show your receipt of purchase (or Invoice) for your new item.
If you bought your new item online;
- Simply package up your like-for-like item e.g. if you buy a new pond pump from us, you may return your old pond pump to us.
- Put in the post with your receipt to the following address;
WEEE Take Back Scheme,
Swell UK Ltd,
Unit C SK14 Industrial Park,
For large or heavy items please contact customer services by emailing WEEE@swelluk.com or calling 0161 351 4700 and we can arrange collection of your item.
Alternatively you can recycle any waste electrical or electronic item at your local WEEE recycling depot!
For full details please contact your local authority or visit www.recycle-more.co.uk