- Professional-quality sea salt for marine aquariums
- Contains probiotic beneficial bacteria
- Suitable for fish, clams, soft corals, SPS corals and LPS corals
Aquaforest Probiotic Reef Salt is a fully synthetic marine salt created for cultured corals and designed to create the best conditions for marine animals.
The micronutrients and macronutrients contained in the formula fully fulfil the demand of corals for proper growth and pigmentation. Probiotic bacteria contained in the salt reduce the content of nitrates and phosphates, and prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the marine aquarium.
After dissolving the salt, freshly prepared marine water can be used immediately. When setting up new aquariums it is recommended that the first animals are placed no sooner than 10-14 days after filling the aquarium. The salt contains bromides that are found in natural marine water, so it is not recommended for use in ozone supported filtration systems (for such systems we recommend Aquaforest Reef Salt instead). Due to the content of probiotic bacteria the dKH value should be maintained at 6.5-8.0. Higher values may have a negative effect on the growth of SPS corals.
Instructions for use:
- Dissolve the salt in previously prepared demineralised water. Water temperature should be about 24°C (75°F).
- For salinity of 33 ppt, dissolve about 3.75 kg (8.26 lbs) of salt in 100 litres (27 US gal) of water.
- Stir the solution vigorously for about 15 minutes.
- Once the salt is fully dissolved and the solution is clear, the saline water is ready to use.
- Keep the salt in a dry and dark place.
- Once Dissolved, use the salt within 48 hours. Keep out of reach of children! Product for aquarium use only! Reef Salt is not suitable for human consumption!