JBL Pro AquaTest PO4 Phosphate Sensitive
Measure phosphate levels in your aquarium
- Phosphate test kit for marine and freshwater aquariums
- Easy to use kit that's accessible to beginners
- Kit contains 50 quick tests, 2 reagents and 2 glass vials
In an aquarium, phosphate primarily enters the water as a result of the digestive processes of the fish or in the form of food remains. If conditions are unfavourable, the phosphate levels may reach values that are sometimes 100 times higher, and more, than natural levels. Phosphates can be a real problem as they can trigger algae blooms which can become a stubborn nuisance.
The JBL Pro AquaTest PO4 Phosphate Sensitive will help you to gauge the phosphate levels in your aquarium. To use simply fill the glass vials with sample water, add reagents to a vial, place vials in holder and read values off the colour chart. If the test shows that you do have a phosphate problem, you can remedy it with a suitable phosphate remover.
Usage: When setting up a new freshwater or marine aquarium, use once a week.
Box Contains: 1 test kit for approx. 50 measurements, incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, dosing spoon, comparator block and colour scale.
Recommended Phosphate Values:
- Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 0-0.4 mg/l
- Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 0-0.4 mg/l
- Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): 0.1-1.5 mg/l
- Marine aquarium: 0-0.1 mg/l
- Pond: <0.05 mg/l
API Phosphate Test KitFrom £10.40 Regular Price £15.20 Save £4.80In stock
Aquarium Systems SeaTest - Phosphate Test Kit PO4From £14.49 Regular Price £21.99 Save £7.50In stock