Evolution Aqua FMG Mix
Formaldehyde and Malachite Green anti-parasite and fungus treatment
- Anti-parasite and fungus treatment for Koi
- Active mix of Formaldehyde and Malachite Green medications
- Tamper proof bottles with dosing caps
What is Evolution Aqua FMG Mix?
Evoltion Aqua FMG Mix is an effective medication that works to treat fungal and parasite diseases in Koi carp. It’s made up of a powerful active pre-mix of Formaldehyde and Malachite Green medication that works together to treat parasite and fungal diseases including costia, chilodonella, white spot, trichodina and fungus. Available in two sizes, this Koi medication comes with easy dosing caps. All of the Evolution Aqua medications undergo full quality control testing.
What are the benefits of Evolution Aqua’s two-step dosing?
Two-step dosing is generally kinder to fish. It helps Koi become accustomed to a higher active dose rate. Use the first dose the first day and the fourth dose the next. Instead of being exposed to an aggressive treatment from day 1, the fish will have time to acclimate to the treatment between days 1 and 3, followed by an additional dose on day 4. Since some parts of illness lifecycles can not be killed, active ingredients need to be high for a longer period of time in order to kill them when the vulnerable part returns. In this case, white spot is a great example.
What common symptoms can be treated with this fish medication?
Koi should be treated with this Evolution Aqua FMG mix treatment when they appear to be flicking, when parasites are visible, or if a cloudy mucus appears on the fish. If fungus that looks like cotton wool is present and white blemishes appear on the body, head, and fins, Malachite Green will treat this.
Dosage instructionsCalculate your pond’s volume using the following calculation: Length in metres x width in metres x average depth in metres x 1000 = Litres, divide by 4.54 for gallons
- Shake the Evolution Aqua FMG Mix bottle well before use
- Turn off UV bulbs for 7 days after the last dose, and remove all activated carbon and zeolite from pond filters
- Using the dosing cap provided, measure 1 x 20ml dose per 1600 litres (352 gals) of pond water
- Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the surface of your pond. As this is a dye-based treatment, water discolouration will occur
- As this is a two-dose treatment, your pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time
We recommend checking all water quality parameters as poor water quality is often a cause of illness
During stormy or humid weather, avoid dosing. Make sure your pond is well aerated during the treatment. In case of a possible adverse reaction, allow time to observe fish after dosing. Whenever handling chemicals, always wear protective gloves. Do not use if the water temperature is above 25°C.
|Product||Evolution Aqua FMG Mix 500 ml||Evolution Aqua FMG Mix 1000 ml|
|Size||500 ml||1000 ml|
|Dosing cap provided||Yes||Yes|
|Treats||20,000 l||2 x 20,000 l|
|Suitable for||Koi carp only||Koi carp only|