Ideal for salt water aquariums and coral reef tanks. Designed exclusively for saltwater aquariums, the checker offers a quick, easy and highly accurate method of measuring alkalinity in degrees of calcium hardness, commonly abbreviated as dKH. The checker is supplied with reagents for 25 tests.
Alkalinity helps to maintain a stable pH, a vital factor for most aquatic life. Corals also need an adequate level of alkalinity in order to support healthy growth: if levels are too low, corals cannot precipitate and form their skeletons; if levels fluctuate too much or too quickly, growth can become impaired.
The more precise and stable the levels, the better the results. With regular, precise monitoring, fluctuations in levels can be quickly corrected, giving your corals the best chance of success.
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
- 2 sample cuvettes
- Cuvette cap
- Starter pack of reagents HI-772-26
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery