Hanna Nitrite Marine Pocket Checker
Keep track of nitrite levels in your marine aquarium
- Handheld marine nitrite photometry testing kit
- More accurate than chemical testing kits
- Set contains set, cuvettes, cap, reagents and battery
The Hanna Ultra Low Range Nitrite Checker is ideal for salt water aquariums and coral reef tanks. With its fantastic ability to measure exceptionally low levels of nitrite, the Nitrite Checker is great for aquarium maintenance. The checker is supplied with reagents for 6 tests.
Nitrites are an intermediate form of nitrogen produced when ammonia is converted into nitrate during the nitrogen cycle. As organic matter decays, it produces ammonia; the highly toxic ammonia is converted into nitrite by bacteria; and the nitrite is then converted into nitrate by another bacteria.
Nitrite is dangerous to aquatic life if it is allowed to build up, causing tissue damage that can lead to illness and death. By detecting even minute levels of nitrite, the Hanna Nitrite Checker can help aquarists to take action at the earliest possible moment and eliminate unnecessary suffering among the fish.
- tests for levels from 0 to 200 ppb
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
- 2 sample cuvettes
- Cuvette cap
- Starter pack of reagents x 6 tests (re-ordering information: HI-764-25 x 25 tests)
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery