Hanna Phosphate High Range Pocket Checker
Monitor phosphate levels in your marine or freshwater aquarium
- Handheld phosphate high range photometry testing kit
- More accurate than chemical testing kits
- Suitable for marine and freshwater aquariums
What is the Hanna Phosphate High Range Pocket Checker?
The Hanna Phosphate High Range Pocket Checker is ideal for Coral Reef Tanks or salt and fresh water aquariums. The contoured style of the Phosphate, high range Checker is designed to fit in the palm of your hand. The checker is supplied with reagents for 20 tests.
Phosphate naturally occurs as waste decomposes in coral reef tanks, salt and fresh water aquariums. While it does not directly harm fish when levels are high, resulting green algae growth can deplete the oxygen levels in the water. Corals can lose their colour due to the effects of brown algae. Ideally, phosphate level should be kept below 0.05 ppm in fish tanks.
- Phosphate range from 0.0 to 30.0 ppm
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
What are the Phosphate High Range Reagents?
You can also purchase a pack of 40 replacement reagents that are compatible with this device. Hanna Replacement Reagents are high-quality reagents for Hanna chemical test kits and Hanna instruments, which are designed to identify different chemicals within your aquarium or pond. These high-quality reagents are pre-measured, allowing users to achieve fast and accurate measurements with each of their pocket checkers. These reagents follow the DPD Method in which the reaction between the element and reagent causes a tint in the sample. By simply adding the packet of reagent to the sample, the reaction will take place and you can determine the concentration from the colour that is produced. The results will be displayed on the pocket checker LCD screen.
- 2 sample cuvettes
- Cuvette cap
- Starter pack of reagents x 20 tests
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery