- Marine buffer and trace supplement
- Promotes the development of coralline algae
- Suitable for new aquariums, fish-only or soft corals systems
RedSea's KH Coralline Gro is a trace element & buffer complex that promotes the development of Coralline Algae.
Coralline Algae will grow naturally, without any special supplements in all reef systems optimised for hard corals. To promote coralline algae in fish only or soft coral aquariums the alkalinity needs to be maintained at approximately 3 meq/L (8.4 °dKH) and specific minor and trace elements need to be readily available. This can be a problem when running a Berlin system as this coats the porous live rock which the bacteria needs to thrive and duplicate.
Coralline Gro is a complex blend of carbonate buffers, potassium and trace elements such as iron formulated in the ratio taken up regularly by the coralline algae. It should be during the cycling of all new marine aquariums and on an ongoing basis in fish-only or soft corals systems. Coralline Gro should be dosed according to a measured drop in alkalinity with a Reef Foundation KH/ Alkalinity Pro test kit.
- Before carrying out any water testing always check the salinity and make adjustments as necessary. If you have made adjustments to the water wait 10 minutes for the water parameters to stabilise.
- Test only with high-resolution test kits such as Red Sea's Alkalinity Pro Titration Kit.
- Red Sea's Coralline Gro supplement has a dosing chart based on treating 100 litres / 25 gallons of water. Estimate your total volume of water (aquarium & sump less volume of live rocks etc) to calculate the correct dosage for your system.
- Supplements should be added to the sump. If you do not have a sump, add the supplements slowly to an area with high water flow to prevent direct contact with the corals.
- To prevent stress to the corals the maximum daily change of alkalinity should be no more than 0.5 meq/l (1.4 dkh).
- 1ml will raise the Alkalinity level of 100 litres (25 gal) by 0.1 dKH (0.03 meq/l).