API Ammonia Aquarium Test Strips
Test the ammonia levels in your aquarium easily
- Test strips to measure ammonia in an aquarium
- Quick and accurate results
- Contains 25 single use test strips
The API Ammonia Aquarium Test Strip contains 25 single use test strips to quickly determine the level of ammonia within your aquarium. Fish continually release ammonia into the aquarium through their gills, urine and solid waste. Uneaten food and decaying organic matter also add ammonia to the water.
Signs of ammonia poisoning in fish:
- Red or purple tinge to the gills
- Gasping at the surface
- Loss of appetite
- Lethargic, maybe even lying at the bottom of the tank
- Fish loss
This can be common in a new tank, or one which has a poorly maintained or inadequate filtration system. Good tank maintenance can help to keep ammonia levels down too.
Simply test the water, and compare your results on the included colour chart to decide if you need to treat the water.