D&D's 50 Gallon RO Unit can cleanse 50 gallons or 228 litres of tap water per day, to provide your aquarium with the best quality water.
Topping up your aquarium with tap water can be a risky business. All types of contaminant are present in mains water, including chlorine, phosphates, nitrites and some heavy metals. An RO or Reverse Osmosis unit will filter all of this away to ensure that only the best water possible enters your tank.
It can be used when performing a water change in freshwater or salt water aquariums. It's also ideal when topping up water lost via evaporation too. It can be fitted to the mains or simply attached to a garden tap. Full accessories and instructions are included for a simple installation with perfect results.
This 50 gallon device is ideal for smaller aquariums, however it does not scrimp on performance. It uses a three stage method to remove all types of pollutant and chemical, leaving just clean, healthy water. It comprises of two filter chambers and a membrane unit, which can be replaced.
It works in 3 stages:
- A 10.5" micron pre-filter strains all sediments and tiny particles from the tap water. This reduces the amount of the membrane, so it will last longer. It is recommended that this filter is changed every 6 weeks.
- To remove chlorine, a 10.5" block carbon filter next strains the water. Carbon is a much used media to remove taints and odours too, so you can be sure all minor residues are eradicated.
- The final stage of the unit contains the delicate membrane, which is made of several layers of film that act as a barrier to any remaining chemical contaminants in the water. A membrane generally lasts around two years, however this will depend upon the water quality in your area.
What's in the box?
- RO unit including carbon and sediment filters and a sealed RO membrane.
- 3 lengths of colour coded RO line.
- Self-tapping mains tap.
- Optional garden tap connector.
- Waste saddle clamp.
- Flow restrictor flush valve.