Swell Aquarium Rapid Nitrite Remover
Quickly lowers dangerous nitrite levels
- Made from 100% natural and purifying materials
- Suitable for use in both freshwater and marine aquariums
- Safe for all of your aquatic life
What is Nitrite and why is it bad?
Nitrite is a part of the nitrogen cycle and is created when Nitrobacter bacteria convert ammonia/ammonium. In freshwater, the maximum safe level of nitrite is between 0.05 and 0.15 mg/l. A concentration higher than 0.20 mg/l indicates a problem with the filter. Nitrite levels higher than 0.50mg/l can be dangerous for the aquatic environment and can cause fish losses. In seawater, especially when there are invertebrates present, the concentration of nitrites should not exceed 0.05 mg/l. A concentration of 0.10mg/l can be lethal for some animals.
What is the Swell Aquarium Rapid Nitrite Remover?
- Made from natural, purifying elements that can immediately counteract decompostition
- Completely safe for fish, plants, crustaceans, invertebrates, and corals
- Suitable for both marine and freshwater aquariums
How do I use this treatment?
It is recommended, before using this product, to first do a partial water change of 15-30%, depending on the level of nitrite in the water. If the nitrite level is 0.50mg/l or higher, a 30% water change is recommended. Next, clean the bottom of the aquarium and rinse or replace any pre-filtering materials. One millilitre of the product will remove 0.1mg/l of nitrite from every 10 litres of water (one capful of the product is equal to 5 millilitres).