What is the Evolution Aqua Pure+ Filter Start Gel?
Evolution Aqua PURE+ Filter Start Gel is a live, concentrated bacteria culture designed for use in new pond filters. In a liquid gel form, this filter starter should be used to kick-start newly installed filters or existing filters which have changed to brand new biological media. Easy to use, the filter starter can be poured directly over your filter media. As a result, the gel-based solution will stick to the filter media, allowing the bacteria it contains to colonise your filter quickly. Available in 1 litre and 2.5-litre bottles, this filter starter is capable of treating ponds from 10,000 to 25,000 litres.
What are the benefits of a pond filter starter?
Pond filter starters speed up the maturation process of the biological filter in your pond, allowing your pond to be stocked with fish sooner. They are relatively low cost and are very easy to use. Once your filter media has been coated with the Evolution Aqua Pure+ Filter Start Gel, the beneficial bacteria within the gel will speed up the maturation of your filter media, while helping to convert toxic ammonia and nitrite, resulting in less stressed fish.
Green water cannot be resolved by Evolution Aqua Pure+ Filter Start Gel, a suitable UV-C should then be used.
|Pure Filter Start Gel 1ltr
|Treats ponds up to 10,000 l
|Pure Filter Start Gel 2.5ltr
|Treats ponds up to 25,000 l
- Shake well before using to ensure bacteria haven't settled
- For best results, unscrew the cap of the bottle and pour the contents directly onto the filter media. You cannot over-dose your filter with gel
- When using Pure+ Filter Start Gel, we recommend adding oxygen to your pond through an air pump and diffuser
- Always perform regular water tests using a suitable pond test kit, especially before adding your fish to the pond
- If a UV-C is running, switch it off when dosing and keep switched off for 12 hours after dosing