JBL ProFlora Aqua Basis Plus 2.5ltrs
Nutrient substrate for permanent plant growth in freshwater aquariums
- Long-lasting nutrient substrate for freshwater aquariums
- Contains important plant nutrients, such as iron
- Effective for a minimum of five years
JBL have a top quality range of equipment and accessories for planted aquariums, and this AquaBasis Plus substrate is an excellent example.
Designed for long term use, this clay based product stores vital nutrients including iron and other trace elements, and releases them back into the water slowly. This creates the most natural, beneficial process to support healthy plants.
Forming a base layer that lasts for 3 years, the nutrients are delivered to the best place - the roots. Plants grow in health and vibrancy to give beautiful results. As AquaBasis Plus is free of nitrates and phosphates, the chance of algae is greatly reduced.
It can be used alone, and does not need to be mixed with a gravel. This pack contains enough substrate for a 100 litre aquarium (approx. 80 x 35 x 40 cm).
Directions for use:
- Spread a layer of AquaBasis on the bottom of the tank.
- Place a 4cm layer of washed gravel (2-3mm size) on top.
- Fill the tank, using a flat surface such as plate or pane of glass to prevent the gravel from churning up and clouding the water.
- Does not require mixing with gravel.
- Contains all essential nutrients such as iron, minerals and trace elements.
- Clay pellets act as a nutrient store, absorbing excess nutrients and releasing them again as required.
- Does not contain the algae nutrients phosphate and nitrate.
- Effective for a minimum of 5 years.
Tropica Aquarium SoilFrom £18.69 Regular Price £21.99 Save £3.30In stock