Swell Aquarium Ultra Porous Biological Filter Media
An innovative biological filter media
- Promotes bacteria growth and allows the breakdown of organic substances
- Can be used in both freshwater and marine aquariums
- Made up of sintered glass rings which allows for more settlement of bacteria when compared to ceramic
What is Swell Aquarium Ultra Porous Biological Filter Media?
The Swell Aquarium Ultra Porous Biological Filter Media is made of sintered glass with a porous structure, which allows for the settlement of up to 20 times more when compared to ceramic rings. This is especially suitable for overcrowded aquariums, marine aquariums, or filters with reduced dimensions compared to the volume of the tank.
What are the benefits of using this media?
- Allows bacteria to grow and breakdown organic substances that are produced by plants and animals.
- Up to twenty times more efficient than ceramic rings
- Breaks down ammonia and nitrite, which are toxic to fish and can be fatal to your fish
How do I use this media?
To use, rinse the product under hot running water before adding it to the aquarium. Use 540 grams for every 300 litres of aquarium capacity, or double for saltwater aquariums. Do not rinse the product again during use and replace 50% of the mass every year.
BiOrb Ceramic MediaFrom £9.99 Regular Price £12.49 Save £2.50In stock