Previously known as Aquahydrotech, Ecopond Barley Straw Extract is an eco-friendly product for the treatment of algae and blanket weed, with a new name but the same great performance.
It enhances the natural water chemistry of your garden pond, leaving it clean and clear. It uses aqueous barley straw which decomposes in the water, releasing hydrogen peroxide which kills algae blooms. It does not use any synthetic chemicals or pesticides which can upset the balance within your pond.
Microbes are also released during the process. They eat the nutrients in the water which means that algae can no longer grow. This treatment cannot be overdosed, making it safe for use with pond life and wildlife too.
For ponds with an existing algae problem:
- Add an initial dose of 125 ml per 4,500 Litres (1,000 gallons) directly into the pond water.
- To maintain, add 20 ml from dosage chamber every week in spring and summer.
As a preventative measure:
- Add 20 ml from dosage chamber for every 4,5000 litres (1,000 gallons) of pond water every week throughout the spring and summer.
- 500 ml Bottle treats ponds upto 9,000 Litres (2,000 gallons).
- 1 Litre Bottle treats ponds upto 18,000 Litres (4,000 gallons).
- 2.5 Litre container treats upto 45,000 Litres (10,000 gallons).
- 5 Litre container treats up to 91,000 Litres (20,000 gallons).
- 25 Litre container treats up to 454,000 Litres (100,000 gallons).