The Clear Control 100 Pressure Filter from Velda is a highly effective filtration system. Unlike the smaller versions of this filter, it does not come complete with filter, allowing the user to create a personalised filtration unit.
This version can handle lightly stocked Goldfish ponds up to 60,000 litres or a Koi pond of around 30,000 litres. Koi especially, can create a lot of waste and a decent filtration system is a must have. Velda are pond experts and have applied this knowledge to their range of equipment.
We do carry a Filter Media Kit, simply add it to the basket when placing your order. For more advice about the right media for your requirements, please contact our sales team on 0161 351 4700. There is also space in the unit to fit 2 x 36 watt UV lamps (not included). Using Ultra Violet light will treat algae cells, forcing them to clump together, making removal much easier.
The filter also includes a control handle which can be set to six different positions. Designed to make using the Clear Control as easy as possible and maintenance fuss free.
Control handle positions:
- 1.Back flush - This position is used to wash away the dirt under the grate. This can be necessary if coarse particles of dirt have accumulated under the grate, as a result of which the capacity will be reduced (see dirt indicator). The water is now flowing from top to bottom, which enables the dirt to be washed away. If you want to achieve this, you have to remove the screw cap and a hose should be connected to the waste outflow. The filter materials can not be cleaned in this way. They will have to be rinsed and cleaned by hand.
- 2. Back wash the valve -ensures proper running
- 3. Pond Drain: This position is used to empty the pond, should the need arise, and to wash away the dirt in the valve. To this end you should connect a hose to the waste outflow.
- 4. Filtration - The water flows through the preliminary compartment to the bottom grate and through the filter materials to the outflow
- 5. Medicine - bypassing the filter media so that the treatments are not removed from the water
- 6. Complete stop - allowing the pump to be cleaned
- 7. Winter - In this position the valve mechanism will be released from pressure when the filter is not in use. This position is used by secure storage of the filter, for example in winter. In the Clear Control, a Velda Pond Heater of 300 Watt can be mounted.
- Key Features:
- Allows easy cleaning without opening the filter
- Multiposition valve
- Possibility to build in 2 UV-C Units 36 Watt
- Zeolite filter cassette
- Max flow through 20000 Lph
- Hose connection: 1.25", 1.5"
- 7 Functions
- Dimensions: 65cm x 98cm
- Note: Does not come with a hosetail for sludge removal
Optional Clear Control 100 Filter Media Set (sold separately)
- x5 Pond Filter Wool 500g
- x2 Filter media sacks
- x3 Biological Filter Media
- x3 Activated Filter Carbon (500ml)